Thursday 30 August 2012

ON THE MENU AU 26 - SE 1


I know I haven't been posting these lately.  I've been neglect....  Actually, I've just been busy.  I have a full-time day job, and its that time of year when everyone takes vacation time and I've been covering for everyone.  We all know what that's like.  So I've been coming home tired and a little stressed, and I just haven't had the desire to talk about much of anything, and the meals I've been preparing have been very simple, as you will see.  There just hasn't been any new recipes to blog because I haven't really created much of anything.

So here's what we're up to this week.  I know, I know, the week is halfway over already.  But if you're struggling to throw together easy meals, if the weekly grind of thinking up menus for the week is getting you down, know I'm right there with you.  I lucked out that this week, both roast beef and pork shoulder were on sale.


  • Crockpot Pot Roast--I'm even going to boil just a couple of potatoes to go with the carrots in the roast...
  • Crockpot Chicken Divan
  • Crispy Chicken Thighs  with carrot pudding from PaleOMG here
  • Crockpot Pork Shoulder with scalloped veg
  • Offal-ly Good Loaf with saute'ed zucchini and tomatoes
  • Breakfast for Dinner (but we forgot to buy peameal, so we just took leftover roast and potato and sautee'd them, them turned it into a big scramble-up and it was really, really good!)
So that's it for this week.  I'm making smoothies this week for breakfasts, with 2 raw eggs in each one!  Nothing bad has happened yet.  And I'm eating yogurt with home made strawberry-vanilla grain-free granola on the days I don't want smoothies.  Just because.

I'm sending my son off to University this weekend.  Its a bit stressful, too, making sure he has everything he needs when money just doesn't flow freely.  Its ridiculously expensive to send a kid away to University--$20,000/year--did you know that?  Holy money stress there, batman.  Loads of last-second issues keep popping up.  And I've had to deal with my ex- a lot more than I normally like to, in order to co-ordinate this (co-ordinate is a nice word, I won't use the real words that are popping into my head right now).  Needless to say, there will likely be a fair amount more wine this weekend than is normal for me, probably more stress-eating than is appropriate, and maybe even a few non-paleo foods thrown in.  But....I.....will....survive it.....Lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment