MY 06 - 12
So I thought I'd try to do things a bit differently this time. My "This Week's Food" tab has gotten pretty long and unwieldy.
So, due to some serious budgetary constraints, I'm going to blog not just this weeks' menu, but also my grocery list costs. On sale this week: bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs @ $2/lb at the Superstore. Also boneless sirloin pork chops at $2.99/lb. Tilapia also on sale @ $3.00/400 gm (almost a pound). So with that in mind.... the menu
- Mustard Rosemary Pork Chops with glazed bok choy recipe to follow
- Country Comfort Pie recipe to follow
- Souvlaki pork with homemade tatziki in tortilla wraps recipe to follow
- Coconut Curry Chicken recipe to follow
- Zoodles (made with sausage meat) recipe here
- Fish Almondine with squash fries recipe to follow
This weeks shopping. Included a few odds and ends; krazy glue, magnesium tabs, coconut oil, soy sauce and curry paste. Included a trip to the bulk barn to get more smoked paprika, whole cloves and tapioca flour. The milk is for making yogurt. Other than that, pretty normal fare; apples, bananas, blackberries, bok choy, zucchini, onions, squash, tomato sauces.... All told, $122.88. That's all 3 grocery stops (Superstore, Sobeys, Bulk Barn). Not a bad week at all. Given that the national average is $135/week for a family of four, I'm pretty happy with that. We have eggs in the fridge fif I want any breakfast, and leftovers for lunches.