Man, I hope I don't have another shopping week like last week. C'mon $160?? Crazy. But I did see Eye-of-Round roast on sale at Food Basics for $1.88/lb. This is good. I love ground beef, really I do, but its the only beef I think we've eaten for a month now. Chicken Legs at No Frills for $1/lb--gonna have to stock up on those if there are any left in the store at all. The sales at No Frills this weekend are insane-good, so I'm going out of my usual way to get all kinds of stuff there (including cauliflower @ $1!). Berries are on sale everywhere, and I do love berries above all other fruit.
I've come up with a simple custard recipe that I'm going to experiment with for breakfasts this week, so hopefully those recipes will show up on the blog if they work out. I find pack-and-go breakfasts the hardest meal of the day. And eggs can get VERY repetitive after a while...
So here's what I'm thinking:
- Smokey Paprika Chicken and Shrimp on Cauli-Rice (a variation on my Paella recipe, here )
- Ham and Cheese Quiche recipe here
- 5-Spice Crockpot Pork on cabbage & green apples
- Swedish Meatballs on mashed cauliflower recipe here
- Spanish Sausage with squash recipe TBA
- Crockpot Ropa Vieja with Cuban Style Rice recipe here
- Bbq chicken with grilled veggies