Sunday 3 June 2012

ON THE MENU JN 3 - 9

lemon butter chicken, on broc & peppers

Finally, a week when I have enough meats in the freezer and veggies in the crisper to not have to spend an arm and a leg on groceries!!  I still have 2 meals worth of chicken legs, 2 lbs sausage, leftover (frozen) shredded pork tenderloin and a second roast of beef.  Yaay me!  So this week's shopping total was $86.98.  Seriously.  Of course, next week there will only be the roast of beef in the freezer and nothing else....but that's next week's problem.

So, here's the plan for the week:
  • crockpot shredded beef with cuban cauli-rice adapted from this recipe
  • general tsao chicken with green beans and sugar-snaps recipe TBA
  • lemon butter chicken on green breans and asparagus recipe here
  • shredded pork fajitas with cucumber-mango salad  salad recipe TBA
  • hamburgers on cauli-egg buns with roast carrots
  • korean beef with cauli-couscous recipe TBA

...and another breakfast experiment
  • cauli-rice custard pudding  recipe TBA
The inspiration for my korean beef--the kids loved this one pre-paleo.  I hope they like my adapted version just as much...

No comments:

Post a Comment