My day was crazy, how about yours? It was probably for the best. Less time to stuff food in my mouth, something I'm prone to doing. Matter of fact, I met with a friend for lunch, and we were so busy talking and finishing each others sentences, that I didn't even get to finish off my meal. Probably for the better--I was eating orange slices, and I know full well I'm allergic to citrus fruit. How do I know this? About an hour after I ate, I had a sore on my tongue, I had a splitting headache, and I had a rotten feeling in my guts that has persisted for the rest of the day. But oranges sure are tasty, aren't they?!
So today, my food went like this...
- 2 mugs coffee, with homemade coffee creamer
- breakfast; 2 hard-boiled eggs with salsa, 1/2 avocado and a handful of cherry tomatoes
- lunch; Eggsmart--chicken and steak omelet with green peppers and mushrooms, a few slices tomatoes and a few slices of cantaloupe and orange.
- snack; 1 Tbs home made coconut butter (butter, coconut, vanilla), some olives
- dinner; crispy chicken thighs and roasted squash with cinnamon and nutmeg
sprinkle chicken with
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp chipotle or blackening spice
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until juices run clear
toss cubed squash with
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes.