Wednesday 5 September 2012

Back to Basics Day 2

Ah, now there are eggs.  Much better prepared today.

My day was crazy, how about yours?  It was probably for the best.  Less time to stuff food in my mouth, something I'm prone to doing.  Matter of fact, I met with a friend for lunch, and we were so busy talking and finishing each others sentences, that I didn't even get to finish off my meal.  Probably for the better--I was eating orange slices, and I know full well I'm allergic to citrus fruit.  How do I know this?  About an hour after I ate, I had a sore on my tongue, I had a splitting headache, and I had a rotten feeling in my guts that has persisted for the rest of the day.  But oranges sure are tasty, aren't they?!

So today, my food went like this...

  • 2 mugs coffee, with homemade coffee creamer
  • breakfast; 2 hard-boiled eggs with salsa, 1/2 avocado and a handful of cherry tomatoes
  • lunch; Eggsmart--chicken and steak omelet with green peppers and mushrooms, a few slices tomatoes and a few slices of cantaloupe and orange.
  • snack; 1 Tbs home made coconut butter (butter, coconut, vanilla), some olives
  • dinner; crispy chicken thighs and roasted squash with cinnamon and nutmeg

Crispy Chicken:

sprinkle chicken with
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp chipotle or blackening spice
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until juices run clear

Squash:

toss cubed squash with 
melted butter
cinnamon
nutmeg
salt

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment